Among the numerous innovations and improvements that Tucker presented with its 1948 Torpedo, the central headlight was one of the most visible. Tucker wanted to make their car extremely safe, and not just for passengers but also for other motorists.
So, their designers and engineers gave it a third central headlight that followed the movement of the steering wheel. And that was space age stuff for the late ‘40s. Most car fans feel it is too bad that the idea never lived up to its full potential.