Quiz: How Well Do You Know the Iconic Pontiac GTO?
The Pontiac company has presented many infamous cars over the years, but there is one most people remember the most. It is the Pontiac GTO, a legendary beast of a car that left its mark in automotive history. So, how much do you know about the iconic Pontiac GTO? Take this quiz to find out.
1. What year did they release the original GTO?
2. What famous Pontiac executive who helped create the GTO was responsible for this car with gull-wing doors?
3. What model did Pontiac base the 1964 GTO on originally?
4. Which sports car brand used the GTO nameplate?
5. What engine did the original GTO have under the hood?
6. What is “Tri-Power?”
7. What is “Ram Air?”
8. What dealership was the unofficial Pontiac GTO tuner?
9. What were the sales figures for the 1966 model year?
10. In 1967, the GTO got which new engine?
11. In 1968, the GTO got a redesign with what interesting design feature?
12. When did the GTO Judge debut?
13. What popular American rock band made a song about the GTO Judge?
14. What pop band had a special car built on a Pontiac GTO base?
15. Where did they mount the tachometer on the 1969 GTO?
16. What was the name of the color-coded GTO front bumper?
17. What was the new engine option for the 1970 model year?
18. What is the difference between the Ram III and Ram IV?
19. In 1972, the GTO stopped being a separate model, becoming an option on what Pontiac model?
20. What was the last year for the GTO convertible?
21. In 1973, Pontiac presented the GTO in what body style?
22. In 1974, how did Pontiac downgrade the GTO?
23. What was the only engine available in the 1974 GTO?
24. When did GM reveal the GTO concept that sparked the public's imagination?
25. When did they release the new GTO?
26. GM based the GTO on what foreign model?
27. What engines were available for the GTO?
28. When did they discontinue the modern GTO?
29. What were the production numbers of the new GTO generation?